What is the Problem?
- Over 2,500 Homeless Veterans in the Hampton Roads area
- One out of every four homeless persons in Hampton Roads is a military veteran
What is Vetshouse?
- Unique, nonprofit organization serving homeless veterans in Hampton Roads
- Not a shelter
- Twelve month program providing:
- Transition housing in contemporary homes
- Job placement, personal skills and development counseling
- Food and transportation
- A hand-up, not a hand out
- Successful residents of Vetshouse, Inc graduate from our program with:
- Jobs that will support their needs
- Sufficient savings to pay their independent living expenses
- Budgeting and personal skills, enabling self sufficiency
- Pride to become productive citizens of the Hampton Roads area
How successful is Vetshouse?
- Since 1992, over 500 homeless veterans have been helped
- Over 70% of residents have successfully completed the program
What is the capacity of Vetshouse?
- Vetshouse owns two duplexes in residential neighborhoods accommodating sixteen veterans
- The City of Virginia recently leased Vetshouse a five bedroom home for five years allowing Vetshouse to accommodate an additional four veterans
Who governs Vetshouse?
- Fifteen volunteers serve as the Board of Directors
- An executive Director manages the day-to-day operations
What is the annual budget for Vetshouse?
- $142,000. 70% goes to providing services to homeless veterans
Where does the money for Vetshouse come from?
- Donations from businesses, organizations and individuals
- Periodic grants from the City of Virginia Beach
- Fundraising Events
Are contributions tax deductible?
- Yes! Vetshouse, Inc. is a non-profit organization. All contributions are tax deductible
How can you (Business, Organization or Individual) help our homeless veterans?
- Provide employment opportunities
- Provide annual donations of money, goods or services
- Pay one month’s mortgage ($560) annually
- Provide assistance to a specific residence
- Provide food or clothing
- Sponsor a Vetshouse, Inc. presentation
- Provide referrals of homeless veterans
- Provide nonperishable food items and clothing